For most of us, our home is our greatest investment. We routinely buy home insurance to protect us from fires, floods, and storm damage, but few of these policies protect our homes from termite damage. You wouldn’t know it by looking at them, but termites cause billions of dollars in property damage each year. It’s hard to believe that something so small could be so devastating. They’re everywhere, too: annually, termites infest millions of homes in every state except Alaska. Fortunately, the situation does not have to be so dire. With the proper protection, your home can be termite-free in no time. It all starts with a free inspection by Terminix.
THE PEST THAT NEVER SLEEPS
Termites are busy creatures. While you’re awake—even while you’re sleeping—they’re hard at work. To make matters worse, the damage they cause usually goes undetected until it’s too late. Here’s what you need to know about these troublesome pests:
- Termites infest nearly 4 million homes each year.
- Annually, termites cause more than $5 billion in property damage.
- Termite damage can generally cost you thousands of dollars — damage that homeowners insurance rarely covers.
- Termites will infest homes made of wood, stucco, even brick.
- Termites can access your home through cracks thinner than a dime.
- Termites can gut walls and ruin floors—not even books are safe.
- Termites are more destructive on a yearly basis than ?
Baiting stations are strategically installed around your property to eliminate termites in the ground before they reach your home. The termites feed on the bait and take it back to the nest where they distribute it throughout the colony causing elimination. However, a new colony may invade and show up long after the initial colony has been eliminated.
That’s why it’s important to have the baiting systems electronically monitored on a regular basis to detect termite activity.
Many homeowners with no known termite problems have the Terminix Termite Baiting System installed solely to make sure it stays that way. Your home may have a security system to alert you to a human break-in. Why not one to alert you to a termite break-in?
To help protect your home from termites, a treatment zone is created at key entry points around and through your foundation. As termites tunnel through treatment zones, they ingest the treated soil, which then spreads to other termites throughout the colony.
No matter what your personalized service plan entails, our service will include:
- Lifetime termite protection as long as you maintain your termite coverage.
- Free re-treatment of subterranean termite infestations.
- Free termite re-inspections.
- Solutions tailored to match your individual needs.